Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Exhausting....

After spending Monday and Tuesday in bed, to start moving around again today is something to be thankful for. A nasty flu-type bug got me Sunday night and left me low for all of the next two days. I couldn't even sit here at the PC for longer than about 15 minutes without feeling worse, so I left it to that.

However, I discovered the joys of Radio 4 (for those not in the UK, it's a talk-based radio station from the BBC) Discussion, interviews, features etc with very little music, just what I needed.

So while laid in bed I learned about how the wife of US President FD Roosevelt, Eleanor, had a lot to do with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the antics of 'Doctor' JR Brinkley and his goat-gland surgery for restoring male potency. Plus I also learned about rainwater harvesting, and how one fanatic has gone around the world discovering what sounds animals make in other languages.

Amazing stuff! Shame I couldn't concentrate on it better....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home