Saturday, August 12, 2006

Mixed bag of a day....

Its been an odd kind of day, at least by the boring standards of my life its been odd!

This morning was relatively sensible, as I met with my old mate Stuart, mentioned elsewhere in this blog, for coffee and for setting the world to right. I've often missed the many intellectual conversations as regards the sporting issues of the day, and these weekly chats have been very enjoyable.

During that chat, at about 10.30 am, a phone call from the bowls club to say the afternoon's match was off, due to the opponents green being waterlogged. Ah well, I thought, means I have time now for a second cup! So I did. However, from that time onwards, there was no more rain within miles of us and I expect by 2pm, when we should have started, it would be perfectly playable. Making the decision as early as that was a little hasty in retrospect. Very odd.

So I had a quiet afternoon at home before going down the pub to watch my soccer team play on TV. I will not dwell on the events concerning the game or I might get mad, but it was NOT a good night.

Then in the last hour, I had a delightful chat on the phone with one of Ali's old friends from MILES away, Sharon (her blog is linked to on here somewhere). I think I like her, shame that its unlikely I shall get to meet her in the flesh, so to speak, but she does seem like good fun!

Slightly odd kinda day really...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home