Thursday, August 14, 2008

Days off and so on

It seems strange now to be at home during the week, Monday was my day of in lieu of working on the 2nd and to still be in the house at 9am, not in my working gear, well it didn't feel right. Thats not to say I don't appreciate the fact, just that its weird. At least I went back refreshed and ready for action and so on. The tasks I had won't be that onerous, at least not for a while. not until the processes as regards fostering gets underway properly. But it was a good weekend. That is always a good thing, isn't it? Saturday was quiet, I suppose you could call that a complete wind-down kind of day. Sunday was busy but fun, as we spent much of the afternoon at the London Mela which is a great day out. The rain didn't help at all, a couple of bad showers meant that we got soaked but apart from that it was good. Admittedly I felt rather conspicuous, as one of small number of non-asians at the event but once that's got over, its just a case of enjoying whats around you, the sights, the music, the food and so on. If you never been to an event like a Mela, then go sample it, you might even like it!

In the evening, both Ally and I were taken out to the local Bollywood movie theatre. Admittedly A had been before, but I hadn't and I wasn't entirely sure of what to expect, but afterwards, I could honestly say that I had enjoyed it quite a lot. Thank goodness for the subtitles or I would have been all at sea. Actually the moral behind the story was one that could be applied the world over, in that money is only good for what it can do for others, and that you should always consider the wider implications of your actions. Its a shame more people don't take these thoughts on board, I'm sure things would be a whole lot different in the world if they did.

Things that bug me (part 1): I spend a lot of time travelling on the buses and I always try to make sure that I don't take up a seat unnecessarily, by standing mostly, if there's just a few spare. What gets up my nose are those people that choose to sit on the inside seat, furthest from the window, and leave the outside seat empty. I mean, why?? It means then if anyone wants that seat, they have to push past, or the other person has to get up. ok perhaps they are just going a few stops, but why not take the window seat?? Makes no sense to me at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home