Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thinking time...

Although I'm back to the previous occupation of finding one, it does give me much time to think. Time to think about things, and when I look at it I'm quite lucky really. I have a decent life with a wonderful partner, I have a nice (or soon to be nice home) in a good part of west London (within the borough of Ealing) and everything is fine.

Yet sometimes I mourn for the things I left behind in Hull. Like going down to the observatory with Paul, Allan and George late on a warm summer evening (and in the winter too), the Society meetings, Sammy and her coffee shop, watching the football, all the friends across the City and all the old familiar places. All these I miss, yet I know this chance of a proper life that I have now is great, and what I should have had a long time ago. Hull would never have got me moving forward, stuck in a comfort zone as I was. Its all worth it now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home