Friday, May 05, 2006

Home and memories....

As I come towards the end of the week's break at the parents house, the peace and solitude has given me much time to reflect on events, in the present and in the past. Sometimes its not a bad thing to get away to isolated places with little distraction!

After putting down roots in the Hull area, coming back here for a longer period of time than normal has meant re-adjusting to the change in pace of life. No dashing down the shop cos you fancy something else for dinner, no popping to the coffee shop for a natter. Its made me consider how my life has changed over recent times and especially so over the last couple of years.

This house has many memories and considering it was where I grew up etc, thats no surprise. Familar things like the daffodils outside on the lane, watching the house-martins swooping round plus the views over the Yorkshire Wolds with the familiar landmarks in the distance. The open fires giving their comforting glow to the living rooms, listening to the familiar voices of the local radio station and not forgetting the tiny room I used to sleep in!

Ah yes, memories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home