Thursday, May 11, 2006

The End (pt 1)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Farewell to the Astro Society, but not a goodbye. This was the scene after I received my leaving present of a pair of solar binoculars (used for observing the sun SAFELY!) from the new President (I must remember Sharon's not the secretary anymore!).

The Society also presented me with a book on comet science, signed by most of the members, which will remind me of so many people and events in the future. All this has been much appreciated by myself as was the bouquet of flowers presented to Alicia, which I knew about but didn't let on about!

The end of the meeting was strange in that at the end, normally I would have chivvied everyone out, but as I wasn't in charge, I didn't say a word! All the things I would normally have thought of doing, well, I've had to remind myself that its someone else's job now..... However, I shall still be involved as nominal Vice-President at committee meetings, until I leave for other parts.

I hate leaving do's...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home