Saturday, May 27, 2006

Ah, the end to the week!

Saturday is about over and its been an up and down week, but it's ended good! I shan't go into all the events of the week so I'll just pick the high spots.
  1. A fun week at the council postroom, lots of laughs and jokes, plus bits of tedium and also work thrown in. They're a mad bunch but a damn good mad bunch, I just love going to work there every day.
  2. Last night, a 'business meeting' of the new committee of the astro society turned into a housewarming party at the new president's new mobile home... For the life in me, I have no idea why they wanted me to join them, probably for the comic relief, or perhaps the wise and sage advice? :-) Of course it could be that probably after 3 years I knew what was what! Food, food, and more food was consumed, wine for us, and non-alcoholic grape juice for the driver. Must have been a good night cos we left there at midnight and I got back here at 1 a.m!
  3. Today's bowls was a smasher of a game, I played above myself and did remarkably well, probably the best player from the home team today! I won my match but the rest lost theirs, so I must be the best, right? Even had a compliment or two from adjoining matches, I played that well....
The low spots this week? Ah well, you wouldn't want to know them, no point in spoiling a good time, right? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home