Friday, September 12, 2008

Another weekend...

Doesn't seem like 7 days since the start of the last one, but yep, here it comes again.

And it's back to the football, toodling off to watch Hampton & Richmond in the Conference South. I enjoy last week's match so much, I'm becoming a bit of a fan. Of course, that's not to say I'm giving up on the mighty Tigers, I just can't get to their games, whereas I can for H&R. It's worth the £10 admittance fee against 3 or 4 times that for their professional cousins...

Today has seen another in the series of bus drivers strikes . Thankfully it's not all of the buses, just a couple of companies, so I could still get to work, although I had to take the train for the last part. I still managed to observe poor uninformed souls wondering where their regular bus had got to! I mean, it's been all over the local tv, radio, some sections of the newspapers and on the news websites as well. How do people go around not taking any notice of what's happening around them??

Next weekend, I'm off on a jaunt by myself, as I'm going to see my sister before she's disappears off elsewhere for about 18 months, work you know. As well as spending much of the weekend with her, I shall be revisiting a few old haunts, so if you're reading this in Hull, be careful! The weekend after that will see me travelling to Newcastle on the Sunday, to spend the Monday observing one of the company's more established branches, what they do and so on. I think I'm enjoying all this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home