Tuesday, May 01, 2007

3 Astronomers (sort of...)

Most of you will be aware of my interest in astronomy, and that I belong to two differing societies. One Society I don't actually belong to (officially) is out at Brough, just off the A63 out of Hull. However, because I'm such a valued member I can get away with not paying the annual membershop (plus I cannot afford it!!), but I do pay the monthly top-up fee. As a result, I can get to use the observatory there, and during this fine settled spell, I've been down there many clear nights, with this pair of reprobates.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The one on the left, pulling the face, is Allan, what a naughty sense of Scottish humour he has. The one on the right, who looks like he's suffering from the strike at the razorblade factory is Paul, who actually a good flamenco guitarist (as least that what he says), and the self-confessed brains of the party is stood behind. I'm sure HE needs no introduction. If it's a clear night, chances are that we'll be down there, with Society leader George, who scuttled off before the photo was taken, at 2 am last night.

Some would say we only go there to have somewhere to drink tea, eat biscuits and have a bit of a lads' night, but we do actually do observe many things while we're down, using a computer guided and controlled 14 inch (35cm) reflecting telescope. We do enjoy ourselves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home