Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ouch, arrgh, and other painful sounds....

That is the last time I do a walk like Saturday's. I'm sticking to summer walking after that one, and that's it.

Rudolph's Romp, a 23 mile circuit of the southern Yorkshire Wolds to be completed within 10 hours. Not too difficult you might think. HA! You'd be dead wrong. Slipping and sliding through mud that was ankle deep in places, sliding UPHILL, slipping downhill, need I go on??? Well neither did I after 16 miles, feck that for a game of soldiers I thought. Most bits between the hips and ankles were complaining actively so no sense in making them worse.

Thankfully no photos exist, and if you'd filmed it, you would have had to speed it up to get normal walking pace. Mind you at least I knew when to quit, someone I know quit then restarted again, even though her knees were giving her serious trouble. Some people never learn do they? When you have bad knees, and they're giving you pain, you stop right? Not according to this stubborn mule, apparently. No doubt when she reads this I'll catch some trouble, but I said it to their face at the end so I'll take it on the chin.

Proper barmpot...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home