Thursday, December 01, 2005

Back again

Ok right, back now from a really good holiday! Fully refreshed and ready to face the horrors and joys of December, weather, festivities and all. Whoopee-doo!

Just don't mention the Old Orleans Restaurant in Ealing, Baileys Irish Cream and Kronenbourg 1664 beer to me, at least not in the same sentence, cos it'll remind me of a crazy night that's probably best left alone! That was Friday night. The day itself was good, despite it being bitterly cold. Well, cold for Britain anyway. I spend most of the morning doing my fave thing when in London, just riding the underground. Hell, not everyones idea of a fun time but it was out of the weather and a comfortable seat. Scenery ain't much though.... After doing a bit of shopping during the afternoon, the aformentioned places and beverages appear.

Saturday was spent with the family, quick shopping in the morning, then the youngest's Xmas bazaar around lunchtime. Went to the movies with Ally and the girls in the afternoon, to catch 'Nanny McPhee' which was enjoyable and funny too. The evening, we went out to the Captain Morgan pub in Hayes, and met up with some of Ally's friends. (Hi Cara!) Then made our way home, and then..... (not saying the rest!).

After breakfast on Sunday, we did the tourist bit down Oxford Street till about 3pm, then picked up the girls from Sarah's (Ally's sister), where we'd left them on Saturday night, to get them ready for a party at 5 ish. After they got home later, it was a quiet evening in.

Monday, I came home. Exciting, wasn't it! :)

Its now Thursday and the only thing on the diary is a 23 mile jaunt around the local footpaths on Saturday, called Rudolph's Romp. I mean, what names they give these events...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Hi, this is Sharon Ally's friend. I must admit it's wierd for me to call her Ally.
It's good to see your blog and to understand who it is that Alicia is marrying as it's hard for me to keep up with her life being so far away. Your blog will be a way for me to see what's up these days, so thanks and keep blogging.

Oh, and tell her I miss her and the girls!

11/12/05 3:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home