Monday, October 17, 2005

Ahhhhhh, life.

You know, its odd how things change and how your view of them changes when you're no longer a single person. From thinking about *I* to *we* is a big one of the biggest changes in a persons life but it's a necessary one.

Everyone has been so wonderful about the last few days, even the flash-point never really took off, namely my obstreporous sister who has started to accept the announcement. I thought it might get bad but it didn't really. Although the past might be difficult for the two of them, it will get resolved, or else!

The only real trouble was with Ally's eldest girl but after a longish chat with Ally's mum, the two of us are trying to work a solution. The poor thing thinks she's going to be left behind, and that she'll be second to her little sister and so on. At the moment I'm sure I would be dead if she caught me, but we've worked something that I hope might work as reassurance that no matter what, she'll always be welcome wherever her mum and I am. It can't be easy for the girl to accept after all (she's 13) but I've no intention of doing all those things she thinks I'm going to. I can see she's scared that everything she's familiar with will disappear. I'm not that much of an ogre.

If anything I'm the one who's going to be leaving everything behind, but that will be of no consequence to her.

Kids, huh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother dear, have the heart to give your "dear sister" a name.
Im not as bad as you think but then you have never given me any credit anyway.
The flash point as you liked to call it wouldnt have happened if you had had the decency to at least tell me before.
As you are 35 you can make up your own mind and i am old enough to accept what you are planning to do.
Please give me some credit. Despite verything you are my brother and i will miss you when you leave.

18/10/05 7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home